Thursday, February 5, 2009

Starting in figure work

There is a lot to be said for those that excel in figure work. Personally it's something I'm very curious about, and I have tried a little bit of it. The difficulty lies in making an expression, and at the same time only have light to work with. No props, no clothes to make a statement with, just light.

My aim is to achieve a pictorial quality with this endeavor, where I believe less detail information emphasizes form and light. Lith printing is perfect for this, as the ability to control contrast is superior to most other analog printing methods. Below is an example of the quality I'm trying to achieve.


I will be spending a lot of time to create a portfolio for this. Unfortunately lith prints don't scan well, particularly if they're toned like this. The print has to be viewed in person to be fully appreciated.

So a new adventure looms around the corner. I hope to document my improvements here along the way.

Thanks for stopping by.

- Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment